USSD is a popular service that is used by major service providers to offer services to their customers. USSD is preferred by businesses as anyone with a phone can access the service.
A common example of a popular USSD service in Kenya is *144# to check your credit balance, while safaricom could have implemented the same with an app or login to a website, using USSD service offers a simple way in which customers can access such a service.
Businesses that might need USSD service offering
- Financial institutions might need ussd services to enhance their offferings e.g members can make contribution via USSD.
- USSD can be used to provide utility services e.g balance inquiry for a smart metering company,
- USSD can be used for surveys and collecting customers feedbacks.
- USSD can be used in competitions and contests.
Dedicated USSD: This ussd service is allocated to one client only.
It is a three digit code only for instance *444#
Shared USSD: This code is used by multiple companies or services.
Each company is issued a channel in the dedicated service e.g 384*65#
Shared channels tend to be less expensive as compared to dedicated channels.
- USSD does not require data for it to work.
- USSD works on all GSM standard mobile phones.
- USSD works on all mobile networks.
- USSD services are cost effective to implement.
- USSD services are highly customizable and can implement any business logic.
- USSD services can be personalized and is user friendly.
- USSD services are highly interactive as users can be able to see a response based on the input they have selected.
At Cassavahub, we help businesses in serving their customers by offering USSD integrations at an affordable price. Email us at email@example.com to have USSD integrations that helps you serve your customer.